December 4, 2012

Thankful for Family!

Bonjour from Perpignan!

Thanksgiving is a time for thankfulness, and I could not have been more thankful to have spent the holiday with my parents! Talk about one big adventure! We traveled from Paris to Barcelona to the castle city of Carcassonne and discovered new places near Perpignan. And of course they got to watch a couple games! It was nice to look up and see a familiar face in the stands again. With Aspire Higher Camps during the summer and playing basketball overseas during the rest of the year, I don't have many opportunities to visit home and spend time with my family. Playing overseas so far from loved ones can be very difficult at times, so having my Mom and Dad around for a couple weeks was a treat! I really am blessed to have such amazing, loving parents. They have always supported and encouraged me through everything and I truly am grateful for all they have done for me! God has blessed me with an incredible family! The only thing missing from the couple weeks they were here was my sister, Jami, her husband, Drew, and my nephew Jack! Can't wait to see them for Christmas here in two weeks! 

Pictures from our adventures are below!






 Found a great little town on the ocean only 20mins from the apartment

The famous church La Sagrada Familia, its taken well over 100 years to build and will take another 30 to finish! Also another picture from Gaudi park!


On the left, is the famous Gaudi park and on the right, my parents were probably more excited to find a Starbucks in Barcelona then to see the park! Gotta get in the coffee fix!

My mom's incredible parking job! Just barely fit! We got lucky on finding great spots the whole day.

Down the famous La Rambla street!

No comments:

Post a Comment