October 22, 2012

It's not about the destination, but the JOURNEY!

Bonjour! So one afternoon we had off from practice and I decided to take a drive toward the beautiful mountains I look at every single day that are right along the coast dividing France and Spain! Since I had no idea where I would end up, this was a true adventure! Below I'll take you step by step along the way with pictures! 




As I'm driving down the highway I look up and see a castle up on the hill. It became apparent....this had to be my destination. So not having any idea how to get up the mountain I take a random exit and try to find the shortest and easiest route I could find. On the right you see that route ended up being some back roads!



 As Im getting closer and closer...the roads start to get less like roads and more like 4-wheeler trails! But of course...I continue to drive on them because I had to get to my castle! I eventually found a dead end and realize the hill was full of grape vines. I figure out that this was not a standard road but a road that people take to pick the grapes, etc! Let me tell you, my car barely fit on the road and one slight wrong turn I would have tumbled down the hill! 

 I eventually realized I had to get back on a main road and try a different route. I see the highway at this point...but I am so lost on the vineyard roads. At this point in the picture I was so desperate to get to that highway I contemplated going off-roading down the hill!

 I made it out alive and went around the hill to try and find another way to the castle. Every time I looked up it was so frustratingly close! On the other side of the mountain I found unbelievable views of the ocean!

 The journey to the castle brought me to a beautiful city.



A mini castle along the coast!

My adventure led me to a mini castle right along the coast. It wasn't the large one I was trying to get to, but was still pretty cool.
View from my mini castle.

Well, in the end, I realized that my adventure that afternoon is typical of life. Sometimes we set goals and have a vision of who we want to become and what we want to do with our lives. (Like getting to the castle!) But along the way, the journey to what we thought was our ultimate destination leads us to something more beautiful and amazing than we could have imagined. This adventure was a great reminder to enjoy every second, enjoy the moments, enjoy the journey of your life! If you don't you'll end up missing small blessings and joys along the way because you're so focused on trying to get to the end result! Enjoy the process! 

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

No comments:

Post a Comment