September 10, 2012

Paris, France!

Within the week that I have been in France, I have traveled from Toulouse, to Saint Sever, to Paris, and Lyon, and back to Perpignan all for 3 different practice games! They call them "friendly matches" because it doesn't count for anything and the home team supplies all the food. After one game we even had salsa dancing in the gym and we ate with the opposing team! I love playing basketball, but I really wish I had time to stop and explore and sight see a little. Driving from place to place in our van has been fun also. The country's landscape is beautiful with mountains and hillsides and old buildings and even castles! Our driver, Andre, only got one ticket while going at least 50 km per hr over the speed limit! haha I hold on tight every time I get in the car! My teammates also definitely make funny of me for being a complete tourist with my camera always in hand, taking random pictures through the window. They've been really helpful and nice with explaining all the places to me and the inside French culture!


 On the way we drove by an area from the tour de france! 


A beautiful castle up on the hillside!!


Even though it was for the kids, I had to try! I just was watching Hunger Games in the car right before and I couldn't help it.


 On the left is a gym we played one of our practice games on. On the right...the night before the game the opposing team fed us and provided fruit bowl from heaven.


 We didn't have time to stop and take pictures, just to drive through so I quickly got a glimpse at some pretty amazing buildings. I have to go back to visit and explore more.

BEAUTIFUL!!



Above is our team van the girls call the "mini bus." We have two of them and we will be spending many hours traveling in them. Also above you see us getting pulled over! The police drive in front of you and not behind you when they pull you over and you follow them to a stop...I would have kept driving off! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment