August 6, 2012

2012 Camps


2012 VISION CAMP

So far camps have been incredible! I have worked with very talented players with great potential. Both Alicia and I have enjoyed teaching them what we have learned over the years playing for coach Summitt. The above picture is from our 6th-8th grade Vision Camp. We had an incredible turnout with players anxious to learn and have a good time. One of my favorite moments was when one player named Haley came up to me and told me she's going to beat my 3 point record and told me to "watch out." I told her she better start practicing! Another great moment was at our high school camp when one camper comes up to me drenched in sweat puts her arms up and turns saying I don't have a dry spot on me! It took me back to my first workout with Heather Macin at UT when I too looked at her exhausted telling her how I've never sweat so bad in my life! I love that I can pass down what it took to play at the collegiate level to younger players who have the aspirations to do the same. Each camp I get so excited to have fun with the girls and watching them improve has been so rewarding. Just being able to help equip each player with the drills and knowledge needed to become great in all aspects of life has been a blessing. Right now we only have one camp left but we're already planning for next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment