August 5, 2012

Aspire Higher Begins!

Every summer growing up I always looked forward to going to camps. Whether it be church camp, basketball camp (NBC camp and Spokane Stars Camp), soccer camp, or even girls scouts, many of my childhood memories came from these summer camps. Not only did I make great memories, but it was at these camps that I was equipped with tools that lead me to a successful future on and off the court. The summer after I graduated in 2011 I played for the Chicago Sky until I injured my foot and was unfortunately released. I took some months off to heal before going to Israel (to play professionally) and began to put together  a camp that would give back to young athletes the way my camp coaches did when I was younger. I asked my college teammate Alicia Manning to help me and eventually, with the help of coaches, family, friends, and teammates, Aspire Higher Basketball Camps came to be. It has been quite the process and both Alicia and I have learned so much on how to put together the most successful and efficient camp. My dream is to build young women athletes up in confidence and skill through positive encouragement and constructive teaching, while equipping them with the skills needed to become a great player and motivating them to be successful in all areas of life. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to invest in these young athletes lives and basically take everything I have learned from coaches, such as legendary coach Summitt and many many others, and give that back to each camper involved with Aspire Higher. On this blog I will keep you updated with Aspire Higher Camps during the summer and my experiences overseas during the year!
Aspire Higher Logo, created by Katie Anderson

I'd like to thank Aspire Higher's logo designer Katie Anderson! If you'd like to hire Katie for logo design please contact her at katieandersondesign@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment